I finished the 21 days! More importantly, I survived:)
It was one of the toughest things I have ever completed in my life. I had to quickly learn to not snack in between meals, to wake up 30 minutes early just to drink some water and a few supplements. I had to learn to eat with my eyes, and to constantly tell myself, “I know what that tastes like…I have had it a million times. Surely it won’t do me any good to take a bite.”
I did cheat 3 times. I could have avoided 2 of the times, but I didn’t:( I am sure you all want to know what the results were, right?
I lost 15 pounds:)
And a few inches from my waist, thighs, arms and hips.
I am very PROUD of these results. I worked very hard! I was constantly saying no to food and alcoholic beverages! I never realized how much of our social lives revolve around food. Some friends were annoyed with me, others supported me.
Lost 15 pounds, as well as inches:)
- Definitely can hold my hunger longer now. No snacking in between meals.
- Got in the habit of drinking water constantly.
- The program gives your recipes and tons of support. You never feel lost.
- I was NOT constantly running to the bathroom like other cleanses.
- I definitely have more energy. (I went for a run yesterday, and ran better than I ever had.)
- I got a few bad headaches on days 4 and 5. (Obviously, if you cut out caffeine, sugar, and all carbs that fast clearly you will have some result.
- Around days 16-18 I had bad charley horses throughout the night.
- I got up 2-3 times a night to go to pee.
- Week 3 veggies can get annoying.
- The afternoon shot of alkalinize is disgusting.
- Going to bed hungry sometimes:(
- Having a husband who can eat terrible for lunch, yet eats your dinners still loses weight…..VERY Annoying.
Would I do it again?
Heck yes! It was key to pick a time in my schedule where I wasn’t crazy busy. I think that is why I succeeded. I also loved having a coach who I could text and ask dumb questions, or tips for certain things.
I have about 15 more pounds I want to lose, or at least lose a few more inches. I am running again, and taking the break from running was exactly what I needed. I ran stronger than I have in a very long time. So for the immediate future, I am eating clean and running:) Trying to limit my intake of alcohol, and dairy.